18 Jan LISC Uber Eats & Visa • Grants for Growth
APPLY FOR A GRANT TO RECEIVE ASSISTANCE
Uber Eats and Visa are introducing Grants for Growth, a new grant program that provides $1 million in grants to small businesses that have been impacted by COVID, hurricanes, natural disasters and other unexpected events. Through the program, we’ll provide $10,000 grants to 100 Uber Eats member restaurants in need in ten key markets: Boston, Philadelphia, Bay Area, NYC Metro/New Jersey, Los Angeles, Miami, Washington DC, Chicago, Atlanta and Detroit. LISC will administer the selection and distribution of grants.
Given the hurdles that restaurants have gone through over the past 18 months through the many unanticipated events, we’re committed to providing support to small business restaurants to advance their economic growth and empowerment.
If your restaurant has been affected, kick start the new year by applying for a $10,000 grant to support expenses such as:
– Vendor payments
– Rent and utilities
– Upgrading technology infrastructure
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO APPLY?
– Restaurants or food entrepreneurs not affiliated with a national brand, with fewer than five locations.
– A grant recipient must be an active Uber Eats partner as of January 2022 (verified by Uber).
– Must have 50 or fewer employees per location.
– Must have annual gross revenues in 2019 of less than $3 million per location.
- LISC will give weighted preference for women-owned, veteran-owned, LGTBQIA, and BIPOC-owned enterprises.
– Restaurants in the following markets: Boston, Philadelphia, Bay Area, NYC Metro/New Jersey, Los Angeles, Miami, Washington DC, Chicago, Atlanta and Detroit.
January 10th: website will open for restaurants to register to apply.
January 17th to January 24th: grant applications open through website.
February 15th to May 31st: grantee selection and payment process.
Click HERE for more information.
Click HERE to apply.
(Originally sent via email January 13, 2022)